Monday, September 10, 2012

HE'S  BACK !


Yes, Matt Smith - THE DOCTOR - has returned with Asylum of the Daleks which aired on BBC America on the 1st of September.  I thought the opening scene on Skaro was brilliant!  A lot better graphics than the original Tom Baker planet.  And the 'New Daleks' adds a new twist to an old enemy.  Ah, and 'the girl in the Dalek' - I think we will be seeing more of her.  And the Parliment of the Daleks (who knew)!  I thought this was a good opener - but, I'm prejudiced.  My first Doctor was indeed Tom Baker himself.



In the second episode of this season we see a rather large spaceship hurdling Earthward, this on the 8th of September (BBC America).  This on starts out rather sad I think (I'm partial to the Silurans, friendly race - mostly) when we learn the fate of the beings who built the ship.  You really need to catch up if you have not seen these episodes and I hate to be a spoiler.  By the way, Rory's Dad is part of the 'gang' in this episode (guess who?)

For those who need to know The Doctor comes on BBC America, Saturday nights as 9:00p and the show is generally preceeded by the previous episode.  BBC America is available via satellite and most cable networks.  They show loads of Doctor Who episodes (the newer ones from Christopher Eccleston forward) which is great.



Daleks first appeared in 1963.  The very first episode of Doctor Who was on the 23rd of Novenber 1963 - there were two very famous people who passed away on that day.  Do YOU know who they were?



No comments:

Post a Comment